The Urbini Dream Nursery Contest & Sweepstakes
1. CONTEST TIMING: The Urbini Dream Nursery Contest (the “Contest”) entry period begins on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 12:01:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Entry Period”). The Sweepstakes will begin on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 12:01:00 a.m. EST and end on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”), collectively (“the Promotion”). Only eligible entries using #UrbiniDreamNursery & #contest are eligible for the Contest. Only eligible entries completing one or more of the social media tasks (see Rule #4) with the tag #UrbiniDreamNursery & #contest will be eligible for entry in to the Sweepstakes. All eligible Contest entries will be judged based on predefined judging criteria as later described in these rules. Entry in the Promotion does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of GB North America, 530 Harrison Ave., Boston, MA 02118 (the “Sponsor” and “Judge”), and/or COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC, Framingham, MA 01702 www.cfapromo.com, and/or Mom Central, 55 Chapel Street, Suite 300, Newton, MA 02458 (collectively the “Administrator”) whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open to legal residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). By submitting a photo entry submission using #UrbiniDreamNursery & #contest, you hereby release Sponsor and all of its affiliated entities and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns from any and all claims relating to your photo entry submission, including without limitation arising from the risk of misdirection or misdelivery of your photo entry. Sponsor and each of its companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The administrator’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Promotion. This Promotion shall be void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
You may enter this Contest via Instagram or on the Sponsor’s Contest page. BY SUBMITTING A PHOTOGRAPH ALONG WITH THE HASHTAG #UrbiniDreamNursery & #contest YOU AKNOWLEGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT A POST WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES. To be eligible for the Promotion, tweets, pins and/or posts must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth on the website/platform where persons may submit entries (i.e., Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram); such requirements being made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference.
No matter which form of Contest entry you select;
If your social media account is set to “protected mode,” or “private” your entry may not be visible and thus may not be received by Sponsor. Your entry method must be set to “public”.
1. You must submit an original photo showcasing the room you want to makeover into a nursery or updated to a modern nursery (the “Photo”) along with a caption containing #UrbiniDreamNursery & #contest. See Judging Criteria below.
2. Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions without the hashtag #UrbiniDreamNursery & #contest in the caption WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS CONTEST ENTRIES and shall not be eligible for any prize.
3. All submitted photos will be reviewed by the Sponsor for compliance prior to being made public.
4. Limit: One (1) Photo entry per person.
There are two (2) ways to enter this Contest:
Follow these easy steps to enter:
• Instagram: Upload a Photo along with a Photo caption with #UrbiniDreamNursery & #contest. Your entry will be reviewed for compliance and if approved it will be available for the judging process.
• Email: Send a photo and caption via email to email@example.com.
Entry Notes: Photos must be created for the sole purpose of this Contest (DO NOT COPY OTHERS’ WORKS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU MUST OTHERWISE COMPLY WITH THE CONTENT GUIDELINES BELOW AND OTHER TERMS HEREIN). All entries are subject to verification and approval by the Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the requirements for the Photo specified below or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be disqualified. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures impair the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
If you opt to access the Promotion via your wireless mobile device (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Promotion. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
Photos must not violate the rights of any other party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights or rights of privacy/publicity.
Entry submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any
a) sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
b) promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
c) is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other photo submission;
d) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
e) contains any personal identification, such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
f) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which the Sponsor wishes to associate;
g) infringes the rights of any third party;
h) violates any law; and/or
i) promotes any direct competitor to Urbini.
By submitting a Photo entry, participants grant Sponsor and/or the participating partners of the Contest, if any; a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to transform, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, transmit, publish, broadcast, perform, display, or otherwise use the video with or without modifications, in any form or medium whether now existing or later developed.
Entrant’s Representations: By entering the Photo you represent and warrant that the submission is Entrant’s original work product and does not infringe the rights of any third party and the submission has not been previously published in any medium.
Entry Notes: Entrant will be able to review his or her entry prior to submission, but once any Photo or caption is submitted, Entrant cannot access/revise such entry in any way. Entries made on another’s behalf by other entities, including but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in his sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all participants and/or entrants release the Sponsor, Judges, Administrator, and their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities including, all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns from and against all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with each Entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or his/her receipt or use of the prize awarded in this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading any contest-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest.
4. SOCIAL SHARING SWEEPSTAKES::
Each day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, one (1) winner will be randomly selected to receive a $50 Walmart® Gift Card. To earn Sweepstakes entries visit www.UrbiniDreamNursery.com and select the social activity you wish to perform. You may select Pinterest, twitter, and/or visit the Urbini Walmart page and answer up to (3) multiple choice questions. LIMIT: You may enter one time per day per Social Sharing activity.
Once an eligible Sweepstakes entry is made, it will be carried forward to all remaining drawings (if any remain).
Drawings will be conducted the day following each day’s entry period. For example; entries made between 12:01 a.m. ET on February 25, 2015 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 25, 2015 will have a winner drawn on February 26, 2015. Each day’s non-winning entries will be carried forward to the next day’s drawing (if any).
Each day (for (14) total days) one winner will receive a $50 Walmart Gift Card. Terms and conditions of the gift card apply. Approximate retail value of each prize $50.
5. Contest Judging: All eligible entries will be judged by the Judges based on the following weighted criteria:
50% Creativity of photo caption
25% Need for Nursery Makeover
12.5% Quality of room photo/image
12.5% Size of room (Must be at least 8 x 10 sq. feet and not to exceed 18 x 18 sq. feet)
In the event of tie, a third party Judge selected by the Sponsor, will judge the tied entries to determine the winner.
6. PRIZES: Only the prizes listed below will be awarded in this Contest. Winner may select
to transfer the Grand Prize to an immediate family member. To receive the Grand Prize,
the winner MUST undergo a nursery makeover. Winner must also agree to provide
or agree that the Sponsor may contract a photographer, to photograph the “before”
and “after” the nursery makeover.
One (1) Grand Prize: AN URBINI NURSERY MAKEOVER.
Prize includes the following:
• One (1) Urbini Crib
• One (1) Urbini Changing Table
• One (1) Urbini 6-Drawer Dresser
• One (1) Urbini Cubi Play Yard
• Room design by Rachel Dacks
• Rachel Dacks to visit winner’s home to organize the makeover
• $1,000 towards any taxes due (prize awarded in the form of a check payable to the winner).
Each of the above furniture designs and model will be selected by Rachel Dacks based on the Makeover final design.
In addition to the above and based on the Makeover needs and budget, the following may be included:
• Color scheme/theme, paining walls, window treatments, rugs/scatter rugs, and accessories. Sponsor will determine these items in its absolute discretion.
Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of this prize package including the $1,000 cash prize not to exceed $4,000.
Grand Prize Notes:
Rachel Dacks will first conduct a phone consultation with the winner followed by a sketch/mock-up of the Nursery Makeover. Winner will be allowed one round of feedback on specific design prior to plan finalization. No changes may be made to the plan once the Nursery Makeover plan is finalized and prior to Rachel arriving at the winner’s home location. Nursery Makeover does not include construction, custom building of any kind and no floor treatments (excluding rug/scatter rug). Date and time of the Nursery Makeover to be mutually agreed upon and is based on the availability of Rachel Dacks.
One (1) Second Prize: One (1) Urbini Crib. ARV $199
One (1) Third Prize: One (1) Urbini Cubi Play Yard. ARV $169
GENERAL PRIZE NOTE: Prize is provided on an “as is” basis, without any warranty of any kind. Prize is not transferable except the Grand Prize may be transferred to an immediate family member. Prize may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value if the advertised Prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable.
All estimated retail values are subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the marketplace. No substitution of Prizes is permitted. If the Prize or the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable or any non- compliance with the Official Rules or failure to respond within the applicable time period, it will result in forfeiture of the Prize and will be awarded to the next entry with the highest Judges score as determined by the Judges.
Prize will be awarded only if the prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative reserves the right to remove or to deny portions of the prize package to winner who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person with no further compensation.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prize winners will be notified either via Direct Message (A Direct Message (“DM”) is a private message sent via Twitter, and Instagram directly to an entrant) by the Administrator via Twitter or Instagram. No matter which form of communication the prize winner will be required to reply with prize winner’s e-mail address, full mailing address and phone number. All DM replies must be sent to the Sponsor’s handle @MomCentral within (48) hours of first attempted prize winner notification (A user’s “handle” is the username they have selected and the accompanying URL). Prize winners will be notified within one (1) business day of the drawing. Once eligibility has been verified and the Administrator receives the prize winner’s requested information, the Administrator will arrange to award the Prize. Prize winners must reply with all required information in order to receive their Prize. (
Conduct of the Contest and the Sweepstakes is under the supervision of the Sponsor and the Administrator. The Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, within (7) days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE/ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: Acceptance of any prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for the Promotion Entities to use prize winner’s entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
Submission of an entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to record, copy, publish, use, edit, exhibit, distribute, perform, merchandise, license, sublicense, adapt and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without any compensation to the entrant. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights.
9. DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor, Judge, Administrator, the Promotion Entities, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, nor any of their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities or any of their respective shareholders, officers, officers, directors, employees, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) shall be held responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from or in any way relating to: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion (vi) use of any prize and (vii) the judging process including the outcome of the Promotion.
11. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond his control, including but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) judge all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event, giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such judging shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard its conflict of laws principles with venue in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
13. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Urbini Nursery Makeover, PO Box 2312, Framingham, MA 01703-2312. All such requests must be received by 3/31/2015